Friday, January 20, 2006

Those days.

I'm not the only one that feels as if I have been stepped on and left to suffer. Am I? I probably am, but we all have our times, I suppose. My mood has been spiraling downward all day today. I have to babysit for five hours tonight as well. Since I get paid ten bucks the hours, I would have earned just about fifty, which is pretty good. Tomorrow I go to church at about four or so, a friend of mine might actually make it, for once. My little brother, Sean's birthday was this Wednesday. He's eleven now. He's going somewhere with my uncle and aunt when I go with the older of my younger brothers to church. As for my mood.. Only God knows how it's going to change. It's been falling rapidly, gaining ground then being slammed into, sent spiraling back down. Or like a large sheet of glass that's being tapped with a needle, then pin, then all of a sudden being struck with a hammer, shattering it completely. Then slowly, the peices are brought together, but only when it's been fixed a good deal does someone comes and kick it, watching and laughing as each and every hard-worked piece falls to the ground. Perhaps my exaggeration is too small? How about this one.. Like a small, tiny bird finally saying that it will decide to fly out of the nest and takes off, the wind is felt gliding under it's wings before it's stricken by another, left to slowly twirl as it falls, the grace of flight slammed from it. It falls, stricking the ground, only to have it's life ended in the more powerful maw of a large cat. A poet's lovely underminded gift of exaggeration. Vale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

take it from a moody person like me: if you are feeling down you have to be sure to NOT do some things like sleep too much or write too much poetry. People who are not usually moody can write and it be very therapeutic but people like us just get more depressed. Try to go outside and do something physical like gardening or swimming. When you stay inside and sleep you are avoiding your troubles with out any type of resolution. When you write poetry and listen to sad music your are ruminating (focusing) on your problems and making them bigger. Physical exertion gets you moving and thinking but not so much that you become overwhelmed with your problems. Have you ever noticed that when I am upset I actually clean house? It works out my anger and sadness. I just need to be doing something. Try that everyday and maybe it will help. The babysitting job is a GREAT start.

Friday, January 20, 2006  
Blogger Whisper said...

I was feeling down yesterday, with no apparant motives. But the babysitting took track of my mind, five hours of teaching the kids new card games, a little soccer and other stuff, it was fun all the same.

Saturday, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home